This weekend, as families across the country celebrated Halloween, one Brooklyn mother was forced to say goodbye to her 7-year-old daughter after the little girl choked on her school lunch.
PS 250 first-grader Noelia Echavarria had complained about feeling rushed during school lunches before. During her lunch period on October 21st, she choked on a sandwich. Her family believes she might have been hurrying to finish before the lunch period ended.
One teacher flagged down an EMT that happened to be parked in front of the school. The EMT rushed to Noelia’s aid, but the scene he found inside was unexpected.
Continue reading →